It is time again for the Gem State Insurance scholarship program! They will be awarding two $1,000 scholarships to deserving Idaho students. Below are the eligibility requirements and a link to the application. Please share this post so we can get the word out!
- Student must be an Idaho resident and graduating from an Idaho high school.
- Recipients must attend an Idaho college, university or vocational/technical school full time for the 2017-2018 academic year and be working towards a degree.
- A personal statement of no more than 250 words addressing the following:
- Describe how you will use your education to benefit you and your community
- Describe, in your opinion, the relative benefits of living in Idaho
- A completed application cover sheet (Gem State Scholarship Cover Sheet)
- Certified high school transcripts.
- Two sealed letters of recommendation from individuals who are aware and supportive of your academic endeavors. Letters must be from persons not related to you.
- List and describe:
- School and community involvement including volunteer and extracurricular activities.
- Honors and awards received.
All completed application requirements must be received at the Gem State Insurance Company office no later than Friday, March 24, 2017. (Mail to: Attention–Scholarship Committee, PO Box 236, Gooding, ID 83330) Feel free to give our office a call with any questions.